Deep Descent is an underwater-themed slot game developed by Relax Gaming. Taking inspiration from Jacques Cousteau the inventor of the Aqua-Lung and underwater documentary maker. Players go on a deep dive into the ocean’s depths, with a unique blend of diving exploration and treasure hunting. As you embark on this underwater journey, descend to 3 different depth levels, looking out for sticky wild re-spins and max wins of 18,814x! So, let’s see what in store for you.
Deep Descent UK Online Casinos
50 Free Spins on First Deposit No Wagering!
#AD New customers only. Receive 50 free spins on "Book of Dead" with a min. deposit of £10. No wagering requirements, all wins paid in cash. No max cash out. Excluding new players in Northern Ireland. OJO's Terms & Conditions applies.
Deep Descent Slot Stats
|Number of Reels and Rows
|5×3 (Expanding to 5×5)
|243, expanding up to 3,125 ways to win
|Minimum Total Bet
|Sticky Wild Respins
|Feature Buy Option
This slot offers players a unique underwater exploration experience, starting with a 5×3 grid that can expand to 5×5. Thus, pay lines start at 243 and can increase to 3,125. Players can set bets from as low as £0.10, and as high as £50. RTP is at a flat 95% which quite low for other fishing slots. The core gameplay revolves around collecting symbols to dive deeper, unlocking more pay lines. Sticky Wild Re-spins occur when wild symbols land and award re-spins based on the number imprinted on a wild symbol. But other than that, there aren’t any other bonus features.
For a game that has a max win potential of 18,814x, we find it very strange that the game lacks a bonus round and more bonus features. You basically have to fill up the slot grid with top symbols to pull off a max win.
How to Play Deep Descent
Deep Descent is a very simple slot game by Relax Gaming. Your objective is to land winning combinations and unlock more pay lines.
To get started:
- Choose your bet size, ranging from £0.10 to £50.
- Spin the reels and aim to land matching symbols from the first reel onwards. Remember, you need 3 to 5 matching symbols for a win.
- Keep an eye out for the golden wild symbols. These not only substitute for other symbols but also come with a number indicating the number of re-spins you’ll get.
- Collect the designated low-value symbol displayed on the left side of the grid. As you collect these symbols, you’ll progress through the depth levels, unlocking more win ways.
- The goal is to dive deeper by collecting symbols, which will take you from the initial 243 ways to win up to a maximum of 3,125 ways.
Winning Combinations & Payouts
In Deep Descent, there are only 8 common symbols. These are much lower than other popular slots games, that have at least 10. In order to generate wins, you need to match 3 or more of the same symbol on a pay line.
- Card Suits (Spades, Clubs, Diamonds, and Hearts): These symbols offer a payouts between 01x – 0.8x your bet.
- Fish symbols (green, yellow, orange): These symbols offer payouts of 0.5x – 2.5x
- Jacques Cousteau lookalike: This symbol appears with a gold frame around it and is the top paying symbol. Payouts for top paying symbol winning combos range from 1x – 10x.
Deep Descent Special Symbols
While the game primarily revolves around wild symbols for its special features, the depth levels and the collection of specific symbols add to the gameplay.
Wild Symbols: These are represented by golden boxes with numbers imprinted on them. The wilds serve multiple purposes:
- Substitution: Wilds can substitute for all other symbols on the reels, aiding in forming winning combinations.
- Re-spins: When wilds land on the reels, they lock in place and award re-spins. The number of re-spins is determined by the number visible on the wild symbol.
Deep Descent Collection Feature
There is no bonus game in Deep Descent. So, you will not find any scatter symbols. Moreover, although this is a fishing themed slot game, there is no fisherman collection feature either. What you can find is the symbol collection feature. At the start of a new game round, a random low paying symbol appears in the top left. And you will need to collect these symbols from winning combinations.
- Level 1: This is the starting point, where the game is played on a 5×3 grid with 243 ways to win. On this level, players aim to collect a specific low-value symbol, 7 times, on a single spin or sequence of re-spins. When collected you descend to Level 2.
- Level 2: Here, an additional row is added to the grid, and a wild symbol is introduced. This increases the win ways to 1,024. To progress further, players need to collect 21 more symbols.
- Level 3: When reaching this depth, another wild is placed on the reels, and a 5th row is added. This maximizes the win ways to 3,125.
The primary goal during these levels is to dive deeper, unlocking more win ways. While traditional bonus rounds or free spins might be absent, the lure of the abyss and a huge max win, make the game worth playing.
Deep Descent FAQs
🤿 What Is the Theme of Deep Descent?
It’s a slot game with an underwater expedition theme. Players embark on a journey to the abyss unlocking more wild symbols and pay lines as the descend.
🤿 Is There A Traditional Free Spins Feature in This Game?
Deep Descent does not have a traditional free spins mode. Instead, it offers the depth levels feature and sticky wild re-spins.
🤿 What Do the Numbers Mean On the Wild Symbols in Deep Descent?
Each wild that lands features a numeric value on it. These values represent the number of re-spins that take place after the wild symbol lands on the reels.
🤿 Can I play Deep Descent On Mobile Devices?
Deep Descent is optimized for play on all devices, including desktops, tablets, and mobile phones.
🤿 Where Can I Play Deep Descent?
Deep Descent is available at all online casinos that offer Relax Gaming games. Just pick one of our recommend casino sites to play this game.
Deep Descent doesn’t have too much going for it, besides its big max win potential. On paper the game’s theme looks cool and given Relax Gaming’s track record, this slot could have been a lot better. Graphics are quite poor and besides some nostalgia towards Jacques Cousteau, not much creativity has gone into the game.
There is no bonus round and the only feature is the symbol collection to unlock more wilds and pay lines. Something we’ve come to recognize from Play n Go’s Reactoonz series. However, the latter are much more entertaining games. If you feel like you want to give the game a go, then be our guest. But it’s okay if you decide to pass on this one.
More Game Reviews
If you love fishing-themed slots, then you’re in the right place! We have lots of game reviews on different games just like this one. Check them out to learn more about each game’s features and how to play. And remember, our main focus is fishing-themed slots, so you’ll always find that big catch you’re looking for here.